SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
- Kirikiriroa on the last Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at the Brain Injury Waikato office.
- Tokoroa Second Thursday of each month at 10:30am at Tolloch House, Gate One, Maraetai Road, Tokoroa.
- Cambridge on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Cambridge Community House.
- Morrinsville on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 10:30am at Morrinsville Community House, 43 Canada Street.
- Horsebirds over Waikato – meet on the last Saturday of each month at a different venue. This get together is for women who sustained a brain injury and have a horse related injury or an interest in horses. Please contact the office for more information or to go on the mailing list.
- Education Session – September 2017 - Date: Wednesday 13 September Start Time: 10:30am. Speakers: Sanjay Joshi. Topic: Laughter Yoga. Join Sanjay for Laughter Yoga, which is a unique exercise program with health benefits for physical and mental wellness. Be ready to laugh!!!
- Workshop with Dr Gil Newburn, Neuropsychiatrist - Date: Thursday, 21 September 2017 Start Time: 3:30pm Location: Brain Injury Waikato office Cost: $5 Please RSVP by 14 September. You are invited to attend a workshop for clients and family/whanau on the topic neuroplasticity. Dr Gil Newburn, Neuropsychiatrist will share how neuroplasticity can positively change your brain following an injury. Register here to the […]
- Education Session – October 2017 - Date: Wednesday 11 October Start Time: 10:30am. Speakers: Karlynne Earp from Hauraki PHO Topic: Advance Care Planning. Understand what’s important to you, have a say in future health treatment. This helps you, your family and healthcare teams plan for future and end of life care.
We are having our yoga class with James Fowlie every Thursday at 11:30am to 12:30pm. This is gentle yoga exercises, suitable for everyone. You can do sitting yoga if that suit better. Please contact the office for more information.
JOIN OUR THERAPEUTIC SINGING GROUP
You are invited to join our Singing/music therapy group. We meet every fortnight on a Monday, at 2pm at the office. Please contact the office for more information.
NEW MEMORY MOBILE APPLICATION FOR BRAIN INJURY
We are looking for participants for the MyMemory App. This study intends to examine the effectiveness of the new memory aid MyMemory in improving the memory function for people for have sustained a brain injury. MyMemory is a mobile application and is compatible with Android mobile devices only. It allows people to record and train their memory.
We would like to talk to you, if you:
- Are over 16 years old, and
- had a brain injury and memory problems, and
- own an Android mobile device (smartphone or tablet), and
- have someone who helps you in your day-to-day life (nice to have, but not required)
You would be required to take part in an experiment that lasts 8 weeks. We will meet you every fortnight for a short interview. Every meeting will take about 60 minutes.
Please contact Dr Annika Hinze, Computer Science Department, School of Psychology, University of Waikato. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This study is supervised by Dr Annika Hinze, Dr. Judy Bowen and Dr. Steve Jones, Computer Science Department and Dr Nicola Starkey, School of Psychology, University of Waikato.
COMMUNITY INTEGRATION AFTER BRAIN INJURY
If you are 18 years or older and experienced a brain injury or stroke more than 6 months ago, and living in the community, you are invited to take part in a research study. The aim of this study is to explore community integration in people with brain injury.
You are invited to take part in this study, the researchers would like to understand important aspects of getting back to the community after brain injury or stroke. To complete the survey online click the button below or contact the office for a hard copy.
If you have questions/concerns, please feel free to contact the research team at Auckland University of Technology.
Nusrat Shaikh (PhD Candidate, AUT), School of Clinical Sciences on:
Free phone: 0508 224737
Ph: 022 303 6995
Prof. Richard Siegert, School of Clinical Sciences on:
Ph: 09 921 9999 ext 7885